ADE Institute 2013 North America


Well, I'm back after a full week in Austin, TX. What a way to spend some summer time! I have come back inspired, empowered, and engaged in learning! I was at the Apple Distinguished Educators (ADE) Institute 2013 North America. 

W-h-a-t  a  b-l-a-s-t! An intense week of professional development hosted by Apple. This institute represents for me an opportunity to meet new people, make new connections, learn from awesome teachers, attend workshops, and very importantly, reunite with my old and new friends!



This has been the best PD I have had yet. The Apple folks have a way to make each and every one of us feel special. I am very grateful for this opportunity to attend as alumna of the ADE program and together welcome the new ADE class of 2013.

Around 400 educators coming from different places from Canada, United States and Mexico, attended engaging, fast-paced, hands-on conference sessions led by ADEs for ADEs. 


A plus in this year's institute was the presence of a large variety of developers, in an event titled "Meet the Developers". I had the chance to meet the developers and designers of different applications that we use at my school, such as, BrainPop, Explain Everything, Powerschool, Book Creator, Evernote, Toontastic, amongst others.



As expected, each ADE will be developing a project, due in a couple of months, that will represent a tiny glimpse of one of the great things that we are already doing. More about this to come.

If you are not yet an Apple Distinguished Educator, I encourage you to visit the ADE website, and be in the lookout for the announcement that applications have opened for for the next class. Believe me, it is a unique opportunity to become part of the best professional learning community you will ever be in.

Stay tuned, in the coming blog posts, I'll be sharing specifics of what I learned from the workshops I attended.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Add-ons & Scripts

Voice Feedback in Google Docs

Hello World!