Why would someone want to reduce the size of a pdf file? I had to do that…twice. When I asked our webmaster if she could please upload to the school’s web site the handouts I made for parents, she said they were too big. So, this is how I solved the problem. My goal was to have my presentation available to parents so they could download it at home. The presentation was made with Keynote, a software application for presentations, part of the iWorks suite, for Macs. The first thing I did was convert the keynote file to pdf format. How? File –> Export –> PDF. The original .key file was 111 Mb. Way to big! I knew that, that’s why I converted to pdf. Smart me! Now I had reduced the size to only 4.3 Mb. I also took away the videos, and only included links. That should do the trick. Right? Wrong! Turned out it was still too big. The web master told me it would be best to have the file size down to about 1Mb. But how? No matter what I rem...
What do you do if suddenly at school you are granted (almost) one full day for professional development? You run a conference! That's what happened to us. These were exciting times for the Tech Integration Team. Just a few weeks ago, on February 20th, ASFM offered its first in-house conference. The name of the conference was inspired by the TI Team's belief statement: Live Curious, Go Beyond _______. (You fill in the blank.) With only a month to get ready, we were faced with an enormous challenge. A great deal of planning and organization took place. All the details could easily be taken care of, but, who would run the sessions? We sent out a call for presenters form. Fortunately, we can always count on the amazing group of digital teachers. ALL of them jumped right on and registered as presenters. Even a few other teachers participated too. Results: Presenters - 32 Attendees - 225 Sessions - 32 Learning talks - 6 For all the details, visit the Live C...
Well, as they say, "all good things must come to an end". :o( Summer is over and I am back in school, but very excited with my new job position. As of this school year, I am the Technology Integration Specialist for our Elementary Campus. A position I was seeking since two years ago, is finally a reality. Yay! By the way, you will notice that from this post on, the title of this blog will read: "From a tech integrators' perspective." :o) During the summer I attended the ADE North America Institute, in Austin, TX. There was a lot of learning and sharing going on that week amongst colleagues and one very important project saw the light there. I'm talking about the "One Best Thing" project, in which each ADE will share something they feel they are good at. Although an individual task, It started with small group work in which we brainstormed and bounced ideas back and forth. I'm very grateful to my team for guiding me through the process. You...
Comments
Post a Comment