What do you do if suddenly at school you are granted (almost) one full day for professional development? You run a conference! That's what happened to us. These were exciting times for the Tech Integration Team. Just a few weeks ago, on February 20th, ASFM offered its first in-house conference. The name of the conference was inspired by the TI Team's belief statement: Live Curious, Go Beyond _______. (You fill in the blank.) With only a month to get ready, we were faced with an enormous challenge. A great deal of planning and organization took place. All the details could easily be taken care of, but, who would run the sessions? We sent out a call for presenters form. Fortunately, we can always count on the amazing group of digital teachers. ALL of them jumped right on and registered as presenters. Even a few other teachers participated too. Results: Presenters - 32 Attendees - 225 Sessions - 32 Learning talks - 6 For all the details, visit the Live C...
I was recently faced with a situation in which I needed to collect videos from all sorts of persons: some proved tech users and others not so much. An easy solution would have been to ask people to upload their video to Google drive and then share it with me, but not all of them are Google users. Another idea was to have them email the video to me, but the video files might be too large for emailing. So, I decided I would collect the videos through my Dropbox. I have plenty of storage space, so that should work. I created a folder and generated the share folder link. Great! All I needed to do was invite people or share the link. I ran some tests. Wait! People need a Dropbox account in order to submit files to my shared folder? No way! As I mentioned before, not all have the necessary tech skills and much less the willingness to create additional accounts just to be used once. Back to the drawing board. There has to be a better way! I kept searching and testing, and that's when I ...
Hi everyone! I've spent these past few days searching for off-campus professional development opportunities for teachers at my school that might be interested in going to. What am I looking for? Events that focus on Technology Integration, Technology and Education, Innovation, 21st Century Learning, etc. Events that are at a reasonable distance from our current location. I've personally attended ISTE , TCEA, and GAFE conferences and can say that these kinds of experiences are one of a kind! Why should you go? Stay updated on the latest in tech integration and innovation. Learn from fellow educators. Develop your professional network. Get inspired to produce a change. Stay informed on what other schools are doing. Meet rockstars in the education field! Below is a table with the information I've gathered for events that will take place within this school year. I wish I could go to all, they all sound fantastic! If you know of anothe...
Comments
Post a Comment